Friday, March 13, 2009

Blueberry Shake and A Weightloss Tip or Two

I'm sitting here enjoying a blueberry vanilla shake. So good!!! Yummy is an understatement!
I just have to give you the recipe again!

*Blueberry/Vanilla Appetizer Diet Shake*

1/2 cup FROZEN blueberries
1 cup or a 1 1/2 cups soy milk
scoop vanilla appetizer diet shake (http://tinyurl.com/bb85wf )

In blender, blend frozen blueberries and soy milk
Pour into shaker cup
Add vanilla appetizer diet shake
SHAKE

Enjoy!!!! It's YUMMY!!! and so good for you! Try substituting your favorite fruit!


I know my post yesterday was a little long. Yup, sometimes I get carried away when I talk about the power of nutrition and how most of us are missing the boat. Hoping you read it all the way to the end..... cos what I said comes from the heart. I'm really saddened by and sick of seeing folks in misery from PREVENTABLE health situations. YOU can choose NOT to be a statistic.

And do you realize in order to turn the healthcare situation around in this country we all MUST choose to not be a statistic. Industry is not going to stop selling you BS. The solution starts with YOU and ME. Stop buying into the got-a-problem-pop-a-pill mentality. Pharmaceuticals don't create health.... nutrients create health. Stop buying into the pop-it-into-the-microwave mentality. Your body craves whole foods unadultered with chemicals, dyes etc. You can choose NOT to be a statistic by what you put into your body. Think about it, ok.

On the homefront..... I'm doing well with the Shrink It Weight Loss system. http://tinyurl.com/c5n4eo Being sure to get my 7 servings of fruits and vegetables every day. Filling out my daily record http://tinyurl.com/dyyfvl helps me see my progress. Have to confess I was already taking VitaOne, Omega 3 and drinking Crave Energy though I must say filling out the daily record has improved my consistency 100%. In the notes section of the daily record I always note, I took my supplements and had my 7 servings of fruits and vegetables. (Note: Men = 9 servings of fruits and vegetables, Kids = 5 servings of fruits and vegetables). Does 7 servings sound like a lot to you? It's not. A serving of vegetables is approximately 1/2 cup.

If you buy the bags of veggies already cut up for you... (such as, Mann's Sunny Shores) there are five servings in a bag. Just don't microwave them! Eat them raw (you should be eating a % of your nutrition raw) or steam them yourself on top the stove. Microwaving decreases the nutrition! DON'T microwave. There's already less nutrients in our produce today than there used to be; don't lose more nutrients by microwaving.

I've been eating 3 meals and 3 snacks a day. You will find eating every 2-3 hrs you won't have the cravings you normally have. Eating every 2-3 hrs raises your metabolism! Include a little protein each time you eat. For instance, a good snack is apple slices with peanut butter. OF course, I use organic peanut butter not the regular commercial peanut butters which have added sugar. Try it, it's delicious! and so much better for you.

Bookmark this blog. I'll be giving you more tips and recipes.


To Your Health and Happiness......

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment