Thursday, April 29, 2010

Reversing Illness: Eating To Live

In the sixteen years Lupus was active in my life (and I was struggling to stay off disability) not once did a physician ever ask about my nutrition. Nor did any of the 13 drugs they prescribed create a miracle; though there was a clinical trial drug which was almost a miracle. My true miracle came with attention to nutrition and supplements. Today thanks to nutrition I have been in remission six wonderful years.

As Hippocrates said, "Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food".

Recently I went on a caribbean cruise with a group of business friends. One of the ladies had lost a remarkable amount of weight and looked so much healthier. There was an awesome change in her! In talking to her she told me her husband was 100% into the raw food lifestyle and she had been so sick she finally acquiesced and joined him. In the four months between when she had joined him in the raw food lifestyle and the cruise she lost 45 lbs, her diabetes had disappeared and she was off all diabetes medication and all problems she had been having with ulcerative colitis were also gone. All of that happened in 4 months.

I know this lady also utilizes supplements. In fact, she is a perfect example of the correct way to use supplements. Supplements are for supplementing an already healthy nutrition regimen. Why would a person need to supplement a supposed healthy nutrition regimen? Because our produce today has 5-40% less vitamins and minerals in it than it used to contain. This is why the government increased the servings on the Food Pyramid and why in the 2002 the Journal of the American Medical Association it was recommended everyone supplement.

I'm not going to tell you to go 100% raw with your nutritional intake; but I do encourage you to make a percentage of your intake raw foods. I myself eat 60% raw.

Why are raw foods so healthy? Food in its natural state contains enzymes that are destroyed when you cook food at high temperatures. Your body needs those enzymes. Every function in the body is run by enzymes. Many illnesses can be traced to enzyme deficiencies.

Every cell in your body is created from the food you take in. If you assist your immune system by giving it the nutrients it needs your immune system will assist you in combating, recovering from and even preventing illness.


I hope you will join me every Monday at 9am CST at Empower Wellness Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment