Friday, October 8, 2010

Morning With Petie

     It's another sunny but cool fall morning. Yes, a wonderful morning to have my morning green tea out by the lake. Took furkid Petie with me. He's a sedate, laidback little guy.

My Petie
He barely blinks an eye at the ducks on the lake.Isn't he cute? He has a haircut in this picture. He is actually a long-haired chihuahua. Furkid Penny on the other hand wants to play with the ducks. Not conducive to a meditative morning tea. So furkid Penny is not on this meditative walk with us.

     Sitting by the lake enjoying my tea this morning I thought to myself I am indeed blessed.  I'm fortunate to be able to help people both as a respiratory therapist at a hospital and in my business as a holistic nutritionist. One niteshift at the hospital last year I had the privilege of watching the sunrise with a cancer patient.  She was a delightful, perky lady; a truly amazing person.  The sunrise was beautiful but that isn't why I will remember it. I will remember it because this lady had such an awesome spirit. I felt so privileged to be able to share the sunrise with this beautiful person.

     Perhaps, just perhaps, cancer happening to this awesome lady didn't have to happen. According to the W.H.O. 70% of all cancer can be prevented thru proper nutrition. Perhaps, the standard american diet is what really killed her. Processed foods and fast foods are greatly lacking in the nutrients your body needs.

     Do you realize coronary heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, dental diseases, osteoporosis, gastrointentinal diseases and atherosclerosis are associated with dietary causes? What you eat truly MATTERS. Food matters. Research is showing poor lifestyle choices can turn on bad genes. By proactively choosing a healthy lifestyle you may keep bad genes from turning on.

     As I sat down to write this blog I thought of various patients, clients and friends who sporadically make attempts to eat healthier and exercise. I know it's their inconsistency which fuels their health problems. I thought about clients who only sporadically purchase vitamins for their children. They are unintentionally setting their children up to repeat their health mistakes. They are unwittingly teaching their children it's ok to put health second. What are you teaching your children by your actions?

      Your body is designed to heal itself if given the nutrients it uses to do the job. Doctors don't heal broken bones. Your body does. When you fall down your body begins healing the scrape on your knee or arm. Did you know your body stops cancer every day? It does. Unless it doesn't have the nutrients it needs to do the job.

     Health MUST be THE priority. As hard as it is to form new healthier habits; it's even harder to get well once you've fallen ill. Make your goal to be your healthiest! Wellness is the foundation of the quality of your life.  Think about it. Without wellness you lose choice. Make your best choice now. Choose to have your best life.

     How many times have you thought to yourself "gee I should eat better" or "I'll start tomorrow". You can start now! Pick one of these options to incorporate in your daily life. Then in seven days make another healthful change in your daily routine.

1. Have a green smoothie daily. (Need a recipe google one or ask me!)
2. Have a salad every day.
3. Drink 1/2 ounce water for every pound you weigh every day.
4. Eat a healthy breakfast!
5. Get the OK from your doctor and begin an exercise routine.

So what are you going to do? How are you going to feel 90 days from now? I'm hoping you're choosing to live your BEST life!

No comments:

Post a Comment