Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ready, Set, Here We Goooo......

Ok today is the day I start the Shrink It Weight Loss system. Are you new to the Shrink It Weight Loss System? (See my first post to this blog for a great opportunity for YOU.)

I'm so psyched! Got up this morning and weighed myself. I will share with you I have 83 pounds to lose. Onward and downward I go! I hope YOU'RE going with me! In fact, as I type this I am enjoying an oatmeal raisin cookie and vanilla shake for breakfast.

Keep in mind by eating often your body comes to realize in a couple hours you will be refueling so it uses up what you gave it. Thus you raise your metabolic rate by eating often. Just keep in mind you must eat smart.... not junk! Look at my menu for the day you will see I have a little protein nearly every time I eat. Something else you will notice as you peruse my menu; I have cut out the white menaces, sugar, white potatoes, and white bread.

Here's my menu for the day:

Breakfast: Oatmeal Raisin Appetizer Diet cookie and vanilla shake
Snack : Crave Energy Drink
Lunch: Steamed Veggies over MultiGrain Pasta
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast (recipe below)

Snack: Apple slices with peanut butter
Dinner: Marinated Bean Salad
Snack: Low fat cottage cheese and strawberries

If you must have your tea sweetened I recommend you use Stevia. Fake sweeteners (in my opinion) have to many health questions attached to them and sugar sabotages your weight loss efforts.

One needs to eat well and you also have to MOVE. What are you going to do for exercise? The possibilities are endless. Choose something you will enjoy! Since it's still cold weather here I am using a Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVD which is a 3 mile weight loss "power" walk. I'm also doing a free weight routine an exercise physiologist friend of mine created for me and utilizing my elliptical. I'm looking forward to warm weather when I can get outside and walk with my furkids!

So are YOU psyched? I am. I hope you will write and tell me how things are going for YOU. I will be posting regularly sharing my menu plans, tips and how my weight loss is progressing. Onward and downward we gooooo......






Recipe: Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast

Ingredients:
extra virgin olive oil
1/4 small chopped onion
1/4 tsp lemon peel
1/2 cup spinach
1/8 cup crumbled feta cheese
salt
black pepper
1 boneless skinless chicken breast


In a large non-stick skillet, saute onion in olive oil, 5 minutes.
Steam spinach to wilt the spinach; stir in lemon zest, feta, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Spread spinach mixture on chicken breast.
Roll up and secure with toothpick.
In same skillet, cook chicken in oil.
Turn chicken occasionally till cooked through.
Remove toothpick.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment