Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Don't Believe The Doctors

Wow! what a great morning! Great workout at the gym. Today is an aerobic day; bike, arc trainer, arc trainer with arms and treadmill. FUN!! FUN! FUN!

If you have a chronic illness, don't believe your docs. When lupus was socking it to me at the worst one of my docs referred to me in his notes as "steroid dependent" and "unfortunate". All of my docs told me I'd be on steroids (prednisone) forever. When I grew tired of hearing docs say "I don't know" I took charge of my wellness and responsibility for finding answers on my own. Today I am OFF all pharmaceuticals and have been in remission for five years. I'm anything but "unfortunate" and most certainly NOT steroid dependent. Hence, the reason I went back to school and earned an M.S. in Holistic Nutrition. I want to help others like I was helped.

I'm not going to tell you that changing your diet, changing your mind and exercising is going to give you the remission that I have attained. I don't know that. I DO KNOW everything in your life which isn't promoting wellness which you change for the better will give you a greater degree of wellness. So what are you waiting for? Give yourself a fighting chance! Western medicine is really good at creating victims. Doctors don't have fortune-telling ability. Don't let them put a black cloud over your life. You can choose NOT to be a victim! You ALWAYS have a choice.

That bears saying again: You ALWAYS have a choice!

I've seen so many people with chronic diseases just give up. They only do what their docs tell them. They don't try to help themselves. They become victims as they become their disease. The minute you identify with your disease and allow it to define your life you become a victim. Realize this: In 17 yrs of my lupus being active not one physician (and I had an army of them) inquired about my nutrition. NUTRITION is what gave me my life back.

This advice goes to the "healthy" folks out there too! Read yesterdays blog. If you aren't taking charge and taking responsibility for your wellness you have a really high probability of joining the ranks of those with chronic illness. Remember 85% of diseases are lifestyle related. So get off your butt! Stop saying you don't have time to exercise or cook healthy meals. In a REAL WAY you DON'T have time. You don't have time to waste making excuses. "Healthy" people don't have to be victims of lifestyle diseases either... UNLESS you choose to be!

Start with a terrific multi-nutrition supplement, VitaOne . VitaOne is part of the Shrink It Weight Loss System. It's a terrific supplement whether you have weight to lose or not. The Super Nutrition of one VitaOne packet is equivalent to nutrients found in: 30 cups Kiwi (niacin), 15 oz Steak (magnesium), 50 cups cooked carrots (B6), 198 Medium Apples (vitamin A), 10 cups Green Beans(folic acid), 5 cups Raw Spinach (calcium), 378 Cantaloupes(Vitamin E), 48 slices Wheat Slices (zinc), 3 cups Green tea (polyphenol Extract content), and 60 peaches (Vitamin C). One packet a day delivers the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, concentrated green nutrients, enzymes and essential fatty acids your body needs.

Take some time today and ponder what in your life does not promote wellness. Get a notebook or a journal and make a list. Resolve to replace what doesn't promote wellness with behaviors which do promote wellness. Make a second list of positive behaviors you wish to change to. Then go at them one at a time.

Your daily nutrition regimen should include:

Women - 7 servings of veggies and fruits
Men - 9 servings of veggies and fruits
Children - 5 servings of veggies and fruits

If you need to lose weight I recommend the Shrink It Weight Loss System If not you can purchase the system products individually as well as childrens vitamins here . Everyone needs to supplement their nutrition with a quality multi-nutrition product.


Do what you can to make your lifestyle work for you instead of against you!

And don't believe the doctors..... You always have a choice! You don't have to be a victim.

If you take my advice and I so hope you do please let me know how things are going for you.

To your wellness and joy,

Pam Murphy,M.S.,RRT pamsteam@gmail.com 314-397-0686 anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment