Monday, April 13, 2009

Facts For Thought

Wow! I had a great workout with my personal trainer this morning. I look forward to my workouts at the gym. Four mornings a week I mix up a bottle of CRAVE energy drink and head to the gym. Gradually I'm able to do more and more. I have noticed my balance is better and I'm stronger.

But enough about me; I wanted to share some facts lots of folks aren't aware of with you today:

1. Human genes remember a sugar hit for two weeks, with prolonged poor eating habits capable of permanently altering DNA. - (from a study in the Journal of Experimental Medicine)

2. 85% of all disease can be directly attributed to lifestyle, (it's an AMA fact).

3. 90% of doctor visits can be attributed to stress.

4. At least 70% of cancer can be PREVENTED thru nutrition according to the World Health Organization.

If your health, exercise and eating habits haven't turned you into a firm, energetic and unstoppable powerhouse perhaps you need to change your habits. Ya think?

To often I hear from people they don't have time to cook healthier meals or exercise. Oh well, we all make choices. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. But the statistics I gave you paint a very grim picture of where a lifestyle of poor health, exercise and eating will lead you. You must get your lifestyle working for you instead of against you! I'm hoping you take these statistics to heart.

It's not easy to correct poor health, exercise and eating habits. The benefits of a healthy lifestyle aren't just about gaining or losing weight or being sick or well. Your success in what you do with your life is impacted by your lifestyle. Sometimes folks think they can put off exercising and improving their lifestyle until they are farther along in their career; until they've reached a certain level of success. But in actuality it works in reverse. Put your health first and everything else in your life is enhanced. Quite frankly, especially if you are already overweight you don't have time to not have time to put your health first.

Don't try to change everything all at once. Change one thing at a time. First, get your doctors OK to start an exercise program. Then find an exercise you enjoy. Add a salad a day. Add a piece of fruit a day. Start drinking 8 glasses of water a day. You get the idea? Gradually you'll find yourself feeling better, normalizing your weight, having more energy than you've had in a long time.

Need some help? I'm always available to you. And as always I'm offering free health coaching with the purchase of the Shrink It WeightLoss System. You can also get the supplements individually here: Pams Nutrition Store



Pam Murphy,M.S.,RRT
314-397-0686 anytime
quantumwellness@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment